Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vita-Mix (or Blend Tech :) Tortilla Soup


Let me just say-I love this soup. This easy, peasy, super healthy soup. How healthy is it you ask?? Well-it's all raw veggies! It's so simple to throw together, well, that is if you have a vita-mix or a blend tech. I have a blend tech, and I love it. One of my best purchases ever! It's really made it easier for me to eat healthy. I can make yummy healthy soups like this one, or I can whip up a green smoothie, and it does so, so much more! If you don't have one of these high powered blenders, you could try pureeing everything in a food processor, and then heating in on the stove.

Look at all of those healthy vegis you will be putting into your body!

I like serving this soup with lots of mix ins. My favorites are brown rice, black beans, corn, avocado, cheese, and tortilla chips. I am thinking of making a few batches of this soup and keeping it in my freezer, so I always have a healthy dinner or lunch option kickin around :)


Ingredients:

Servings:

4

Directions:

Prep Time: 5 mins

Total Time: 10 mins

  1. 1 First 14 ingredients blend at high speed in Vita-Mix for 4-5 minutes.
  2. 2 No need to peel any of the vegies, you can even leave the skin of the garlic on.
  3. 3 Then the last 6 ingredients blend 5-10 seconds on #1 variable speed.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good...hoping for a vita-mix for christmas, amongst other things :)

    ReplyDelete