Sunday, October 31, 2010

Coq Au Vin (Easy Version)

Coq Au Vin is one of my favorite french dinners! A friend introduced me to it in Paris at an old restaurant called Pracop. It's really more of a stewed chicken in red wine but I am a wimp and when I saw this quick recipe I knew it was meant for me! And it was, I have made a friend for life with this recipe! I will make it again and again!!4 bacon slices, coarsely chopped
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
3 T. chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
8 oz. large crimini mushroom, halved
8 lrg. shallots, peeled, havved through root end
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 1/2 cups dry red wine
1 1/2 low sodium chicken broth, divided
4 tsp all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Saute bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl.

Sprinkile chicken with salt, papper and 1 T. parsley. Add to drippings in skillet. Saute until cooked through, about 6 munutes per side; transfer to pie dish (reserve skillet). Place in oven to keep warm.

Add mushrooms and shallots to skillet; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Saute until brown, about 4 minutes. Add garlic; toss 10 seconds. Add wine, 1 1/4 cup broth, stirring until smooth.

Add flour mixture to sauce. Cook until sauce thickens, 3 to 4 munutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.

Arrange chicken on platter; stir juices from pie dish into sauce and sppon over chicken. Sprinkle with 1 T. parsley.

Serves 4

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy, I will definitely be making this. Thanks Dana!

    ReplyDelete