Friday, February 26, 2010

Turkey Meatballs

Wow, I'm so glad I'm getting to this BEFORE the end of the month!!! This is an oldie but goodie at my house and actually, a light bulb went off when I read about Carly's chili. I was reminded of a couple of pounds of ground turkey in the freezer and Wa-La! Turkey Meatballs! Unfortunately, there is no pic so you'll just have to trust me that it looks pretty too!!!

1 lb. ground turkey
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2-3 TBSP chopped, fresh basil
1/2 c. tomato juice
1 egg
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 cup breadcrumbs or cooked millet or quinoa

Mix and knead altogether and make into 18 or so small meatballs. Put in heavy pan and pour the following over the top:

2 c. tomato juice
1/4 tsp. dried basil or italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Simmer on stove or bake in casserole dish in oven, basting a couple of times while cooking.
Serve on whole wheat spaghetti noodles.

*Tip: Add whatever vegetables you have chopped up in the fridge!

1 comment:

  1. Dana, there doesn't have to be a picture to convince me that these meat balls are winners! They sound delish:)

    ReplyDelete