Sunday, February 7, 2010

Vegetable Curry Stir Fry


Ok, so I know I am posting another stir fry recipe right in a row, and this picture pretty much looks like the last one I posted, but I made this one the other night and loved it. I am a huge fan of curry and this sauce will now be my go to stir fry sauce. I will give you the full recipe to this stir fry, but I just used the sauce and did my own thing for the rest. I got the recipe from here, and it has all the nutritional information for this whole meal if you want to try it out.

Ingredients:
1/2cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth

2teaspoons cornstarch

2teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce

1-1/2teaspoons curry powder

1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I left this out because I didn't have it)

Nonstick olive oil cooking spray

3 green onions, sliced

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 cups broccoli florets

2/3 cup sliced carrot

1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil

6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces

2/3 cup hot cooked rice, prepared without salt


Preparation:
1.
Stir together broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, curry powder and red pepper flakes. Set aside.

2.
Spray nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from wok.

3.
Add broccoli and carrot to wok; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok.

4.
Add oil to hot wok. Add chicken and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Stir broth mixture; add to wok. Cook and stir until broth mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Return all vegetables to wok. Heat through. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. I am so making this! Mekeli is wondering what the heck quinoa is...haha...He and I both LOVE curry also so I can't wait to make this for us! Thanks for the great post.
    Montell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and I made those Paula Dean brownies with the Symphony bars and they are just AMAZING!!! I am going to try to get the pic and recipe posted on my other blog. And I also made Tylers Ultimate mac and cheese---TO DIE FOR---and a HUGE hit with everyone!

    ReplyDelete