Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Angel hair pasta with chicken in wine sauce




Heat pan over medium heat

add 2-3 Tbsp EVOO

1 tsp minced garlic

1 thinly sliced red chili pepper

1/2 thin sliced green pepper and 1/2 thin sliced yellow pepper (bell)

add diced chicken (abt. 3 breasts)

1/4 c. white cooking wine (sweet marsala or lemon flavored)

add tomatoes and any other veggies you want warmed up (marinated artichokes hearts, calamatta or green olives)


Boil a pot of salted water

Cook 1/2 pkg. angel hair (whole wheat) approx. 7 minutes or until al dente

drain water and place in serving dish

drizzle EVOO and sprinkle with salt or my favorite, citrus and basil rub.


Combine pasta with chicken and veggies

Top with fresh ground pepper and fresh sliced basil


My first attempt with cooking wine and I'd have to say it was a success!

This pasta dish offers whole grain, tons of veggies , and is light on the sauce which makes for a not-so-guilty, guilty pleasure!! Bon apetit

2 comments:

  1. Every dish that has cooking wine in it I just seem to love, so I am going to have to try this one out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think pasta is my favorite food! I'm always looking for different sauces. I can't wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete