Wednesday, January 20, 2010

GRILLED ASAIN SALAD

This yummy salad become a regular on my 2 salads a day diet! It is a variation of Paula Deen's salad found in her magazine.
Dressing:
1/4 c. olive oil 1 tsp. ground ginger
2 T. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 or 2 cloves minced garlic fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
Whisk together in a small bowl. Cover and chill.

Salad:
1 (1 lb.) bag carrots, sliced thin
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/8 in. thick slices
1 1/2 c. english cucumber
1/2 c. sliced green onion
1 T. light olive oil
1 lg. head red leaf lettuce
In a lg. bowl, combine carrot, bell pepper, olive oil. Grill on a grill pan or in a basket on your grill, turning occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes, or until vege's begin to soften (I like to carmelize them). Remove vege's from basket, and place in a large bowl. Add cucumber green onion, dressing, and 1/2 tsp. salt, tossing gently to coat. Top lettuce with vege's and serve immediately. Enjoy!
One of the times I made this, I had no green onions so I grilled a yellow onion with the pepper and carrot. Another time, I added the chopped vege's from my big bowl of vege's!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I am a little tired of the same old salad I eat so I am excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! That looks delicious! The dressing sounds so interesting! I will have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete